We take COVID-19 seriously. Key elements of our prevention strategy include:
- Our research areas and equipment are washed and sanitized on a regular basis.
- All equipment used in your procedures are either brand new and packaged in sterilized containers (e.g., electrodes) or are sanitized prior and subsequent to each use (e.g., treadmill).
- We screen study participants prior to each lab visit and on arrival based on current CDC guidelines.
- We ask all participants to acknowledge and accept COVID-19 related risks by completing an Informed Consent Agreement and an Acknowledgment of COVID-19 Risks.
- Personal protective equipment (masks and gloves) are worn by research team members.
- We offer masks, gloves, and similar personal protective equipment (PPE) to participants when testing and procedures allow.
As a participant, we ask that you closely self-monitor your symptoms continuously throughout the study, as well as 14 days following each visit. If at any time you are feeling unwell, we ask that you notify the research team immediately.
If you test positive for COVID-19 or suspect that you have Covid-19 based on your symptoms, we ask that you immediately contact the KSU Health Helpline on (470) 578-6644.