The power of a research study depends on the research team’s ability to isolate the effects of the variable being studied. Consequently, a research team controls for these items by defining ‘inclusion’ and ‘exclusion ‘criteria. In simple terms, these criteria are the specific entry requirements for the subject study.
Please expand each section below to view the specific criteria for our study (a print-ready version is also posted to the Forms page).
Unfortunately, if you do not meet all of the criteria, you cannot participate in this study. If you do not currently qualify for this study but may qualify in the future, please let us know–we can send you reminders as the study progresses to help us both determine whether or not you may participate before the study ends.
- Ages 25-50 years
- Neither pregnant nor lactating
- Not planning to become pregnant during the study
- Regular participation in moderate to vigorous exercise:
- Minimum of 2 hours per week
- Average of 3-4 hours per week
- Commitment to maintaining this level of activity
- Experience jogging or running on a treadmill
- Ownership of a tablet or smartphone and familiarity with using applications
- Inability to commit to the daily requirements of the study protocol
- Significant weight loss or weight gain within 30 days of the first lab visit
- Exercise activity less than 2 hours per week
- Consumption of omega-3 supplements within the past 4 months
- Consumption of oily fish (e.g., salmon) more than once per week
- Difficulty swallowing pills, softgels, or capsules
- Blood or bleeding disorders
- Difficulty or unease having blood samples taken
- Prior episodes of fainting during blood collection
- One or more incomplete responses to the PAR-Q+ questionnaire
- Elevated risk of injury
- Injury or illness that interferes with typical diet or exercise activities
If you have questions about your eligibility after reviewing the criteria and our FAQs, please reach out to us using the “CONTACT” button below.